Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Progress Defined

prog·ress

–noun

1. a movement toward a goal or to a further or higher stage: the progress of a student toward a degree.
2. growth or development; continuous improvement: He shows progress in his muscular coordination.
3. the development of an individual or society in a direction considered more beneficial than and superior to the previous level

If I could sum up this semester in one word, this is the one that I would use. For some reason, this semester is the one where I have felt more mature, more wise, more intelligent as each day goes by. I feel like this is kind of the equation for one's junior year because for most, it's the year you officially become an adult. 

But I don't only feel progress in my maturity and intellectual level; I feel progress in my creative ability. I think one big contribution to this expansion of my creative ability is keeping up this blog. I've found that not only have I been able to reflect on things going on in my life in a creative way, but I've been able to put down in words the unfiltered mumbo-jumbo going on in my brain in an eloquent, developed manner. I found that I would write down the first thing that came to my mind and make it into an interesting, engaging topic for a blog post. 

With the social, intellectual and creative progress that I have made this semester, the situation is nothing but win-win. 

Given this conclusion, there's only one thing left to say: 
peace out 



No comments:

Post a Comment