Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A little thing that drives me crazy...




A little thing that drives me crazy is Texas weather. Take today for an example. It should have either poured all day or not rained at all.  Instead it decided to be a monsoon in the morning and then a cloudy, humid mess in the afternoon. In the winter it won't be any different. On Christmas it will be sunny and 75 outside (so much for a white Christmas) and on the alleged first day of Spring it will snow.

Today I wore rain boots and a rain jacket for the entire day. While these items were useful in the morning when it was raining cats and dogs outside, they became unnecessary and sweaty by the time it hit 12:30. The worst part about it was I had class until 6:20 because of my breaks in between my three classes and I couldn't change; the weather forecast claimed that there would be a 100% chance of heavy rain by the time my 5 o' clock class rolled around. The forecast lied. There was a light drizzle, if anything.

Sometimes I like to think that life is just like Texas weather


Sometimes the forecast you make with something has a completely different outcome than anticipated. Sometimes when your day is dark and gloomy, the sunshine randomly appears when somebody does something nice for you. Sometimes stressful, unexpected events come at you like hail and all you want to do is run away and hide. Life takes you on an endless journey of unknowns. All you can do is take the prediction at hand, dress accordingly, and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment