Monday, September 27, 2010

Baking can be creative too



This weekend I got to do two things that I love: Celebrate a birthday and bake. My friend Lyssa turned 21 so I decided to bake her a red velvet cake. Generally when I bake something I make it from scratch, but I was pressed for time so I had to give into buying a Duncan Hines cake mix. 


Even though I didn't get to be as domestic as I usually am, the cake still turned out pretty well. I coated the entire cake with cream cheese frosting and then bought decorating icing so that I could doodle all over it. The decorating icing made it easy because it came with four different tips that produced different patterns. I normally don't consider myself a crafty person, but I felt pretty artistic after I made this cake. 


Making this cake made me realize that people really don't have any excuses if they say that they're not creative. Whether it's baking, taking a different route to work, or coming up with an excuse to not go out on a date with someone, you can bring creativity to your everyday life in any shape or form. 

No comments:

Post a Comment