Monday, October 25, 2010

Normal Behavior?



Have you ever wondered what it would be like if people constantly did things that were socially inappropriate on a daily basis? How are social norms even established? Who's to say what is and isn't right? 

I thought about this after I watched this music video. Sometimes I get weird thoughts in my head and wonder what it would be like if I just acted completely on impulse all the time. I wonder what the world would be like if that was how people operated. Would it be in complete turmoil because the actions people decide to do would be hurtful to others? Or would it make people smile, laugh, or think about something a different way? Would it bolster more creative energy? Would it completely end the world altogether? I wonder if there's a planet where it's against the law to do things considered "normal," and the only acceptable act is to do things that would be seen as completely "taboo" in our eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment