Monday, November 15, 2010

And Now That It's Gone, It's Like It Wasn't There At All



The day that I saw this music video back when I was 14 years old was the day I fell in love with this band. This song is by far one of my favorites by Death Cab for Cutie and to this day it still gives me chills every time I listen to it. 

I think that the theme of this video holds very true to the lyrics in the song. When Gibbard sings "There's no blame for how our love did slowly fade, and now that it's gone, it's like it wasn't there at all," it justifies why his old heart is no good and he needs a new one.

I think that this holds true to a lot of us in the game of love. When your heart is broken or when your love fades for someone, it's the end of an era. That heart that you once knew is not the same one. In fact, in order to operate properly and move on with your life, you have to form a newer, stronger, more durable heart. It's the only way we can get out alive. Because being without a heart is simply not an option. We still have to learn to love again. We still have to smile and have joy and embrace the beauty of life. But we have to develop a heart with tougher skin to prevent us from getting hurt (or at least not as badly hurt) in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment