Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Happy Place



Do you ever wish that you could be far away from reality? Do you ever wish you could go somewhere far away and never come back?


That's how I feel right now, most likely because finals are just beginning to start up, and I have four. When there's something I don't want to be doing, I tend to revisit old memories and look at pictures that I have taken. As of late, the series of pictures that I never fail to revisit is this year's Labor Day Weekend that I spent at Nocturnal Festival. It was the first rave that I've ever been to and after going I want to stay in one forever. There's something about everybody dressed in neon clothes, the vibrant techno music, and the festive light shows and fireworks that make me incredibly happy. 


I think Nocturnal appealed so much to me because the setting of it is far from one that you would stumble across in everyday life. For one, in real life, people would look at you as if you were crazy if you were constantly dressed in rave clothes. For another, everything is so carefree that it's unnatural. Everyone always loves each other because the only thing you can do is bond over the music. I guess you would call it our modern-day Woodstock. Unfortunately this is not the case in the real world.


I wish that everyday life was always like Nocturnal. Nobody would ever be upset. There would never be any fights or conflicts going on. And there would sure as hell never be any judgement for what you're wearing. It would be utopia. Too bad it only comes around once a year.



No comments:

Post a Comment