Friday, November 26, 2010

An Anti-Thanksgiving





What would a life without Thanksgiving be like? Would our country ever set aside a day to reflect on everything we had to be thankful for? 


Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of things to be thankful for. But most of those things end up being what everyone else always says: "friends, family, health, security." So instead, I'm going to list the things that I am not thankful for that are Thanksgiving-related (because no matter what you're thankful for, there's always conflict):


1. The aftermath of overindulging on food during the Holidays
2. The overwhelming amount of people in the mall and stores on Black Friday (which spells the bringing together of all the crazy people under one roof)
3. The fact that everything is closed on Thanksgiving, which is bad news if an emergency occurs and you can't go to the bank, etc.
4. The Thanksgiving traffic I will have to deal with when I drive back to campus on Sunday
5. The ugly truth that when Thanksgiving hits, final exams are right around the corner


I couldn't think of many things to not be thankful for, though, because I am a very thankful person and a big fan of Thanksgiving. However, it's always interesting to look at things from the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment