Sunday, November 14, 2010

Dreams Revisited





As I've mentioned in an earlier post, I'm not one to remember my dreams. Along with that, generally my dreams are completely random and have little if no relevance to my everyday life. However, lately that has not been the case. 


I'm not sure exactly what is going on with my brain right now, but lately I've been dreaming about thoughts that enter my head the day prior to going to bed. Last week I had this realistic dreaming experience almost every day. And, if I must say so myself, it was pretty damn freaky. I had dreams about things that were bothering my conscience which didn't make my sleeping experience very restful. I would wake up trying to distinguish the realms of reality and fantasy. The dreams that would confuse me the most were the ones where I was actually dreaming about lying in my bed, asleep. It was like the reality of the setting I was in actually seeped into the far away world of my dreams.


I have a theory that one dreams about topics relevant to one's life at the time if that person has more on their mind than usual. Normally when you sleep, the purpose is to shut your mind off for the time being. But if you truly have a lot on your mind, how is that even possible? It seems like if you have a lot on your mind the only alternative is to continue those thoughts at a subconscious level while you're in a slumber. 


I think that the reason why my dreams are so relevant right now is because there could be no more relevant time in my life as what is going on right now. I'm in a great place. I'm enjoying the best year of college thus far. I'm getting smarter every day. I have a grasp on what I want to do with my life and know that I will be good at it. I couldn't be more in love with my group of friends. And, lastly, I couldn't feel any better about myself. For the first time in my life I truly feel confident about myself and know that everything is going to be okay. 


On that note, Stephanie Meyer became a millionaire when she had a vivid dream that inspired her Twilight series. Maybe someday I'll have a dream that will inspire me to channel my creative energy into a few million bucks too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment